Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if my child is proficient enough in Spanish for a Book Club?
This class is designed for students who are part of a Spanish speaking family or are enrolled in a dual language or Spanish immersion program. They must also be reading independently in English or Spanish.
- What level Spanish does my child have to have to be in the Writing Club?
This class is designed for bilingual students who are fluent Spanish readers.
- Can my other child come too?
Siblings get a 10% discount on classes. Children under age 1 can attend parent/child class for free, and additional siblings join for $50 for 5 weeks.
- Can I switch classes?
Classes vary by Spanish ability and move at their own pace. It would be difficult to switch classes in the middle of a 5 week cycle, but after the cycle ends a student is free to join another class at their Spanish level.
- Do I need to send my child with paper and other school supplies?
Semillas Bilingues provides all the necessary supplies for class.
- If there is not location listed, where will the class be held?
That class is available to be hosted at your home or school.
- We are a homeschooling family, do you offer programs for us?
Yes, any of the classes offered can be offered to a homeschool family or coop.
- Are your teachers native Spanish speakers?
Yes, all of our teachers are native Spanish speakers.
- Do you offer virtual classes?
We are in the process of exploring that option. Stay tuned.
- Can you bring our programs to our club, community center or school?
We are not officially HISD vendors yet, but if you are a private group or school, we are open to working with you.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations may be made up to two weeks prior to a 5 week cycle of classes without penalty. After that time, there will be a $25 fee before cycle begins. Once the 5 week cycle begins, there are no refunds. An appeal may be made, but will be decided on individual circumstances.
Our classes are meant to be fun and enriching for all students. If your child is a recurrent discipline problem he/she may be asked to withdrawal with no refund.
Late Arrival Policy
Students may join class whenever they arrive, but there will not be time during the session to cover the missed material.